We can assist homeowners and professionals in the sale of their home including furniture arrangements to maximize space and paint colors if needed.
While honoring that you are still living in your home, we need to create a space that the prospective buyers can picture themselves living in.
To depersonalize your space:
- remove family photos
- religious items
- clear foyer table
- refrigerator door
Make sure the home looks clean
- Big Items – Carpets steamed, floors mopped, windows sparkling, appliances scrubbed
- Details – Crumbs from counters, toothpaste from sinks, all trash emptied, dust, straighten bedding, put away all shoes, put away all pet supplies, hang clean towels
Make sure it smells clean
- Air out home or use air purifier
- No sprays or plug ins, or heavily scented candles
- Fresh flowers or brewing coffee
Remove any visual impairments, things that stop the eye from moving across the room or a surface make a space appear smaller.
- Put away toys, knic knacs, small appliances, beauty products.
- Roll up “scatter rugs”
Improve traffic flow through your spaces
- Arrange furniture for ease of movement
Create “Just Right” effect-
- “Just Right” Room temperature
- “Just Right” amount of light – turn on lamps and lighting
- “Just Right” amount of noise – soft background music